This is the cookie notice of Scalpel (W. R. Berkley) for our website (https://www.thescalpelec3.co.uk/). We want to ensure that you enjoy browsing our website. In order to enhance your experience, we place cookies onto your computer. Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device and target the content displayed to the user’s interests.
By using our website you agree that, unless you have set your device’s browser to reject them, we can place the types of cookies set out below on your device and use that data in accordance with this policy.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to work, and enable you to move around the website and use the services and features. Disabling these cookies will encumber performance and may make these services and features unavailable. Strictly Necessary Cookies are used to collect session ID and authentication data. They are “session” cookies, which expire when you close your browser session. For example, ASP.NET_SessionID is a cookie that contains the user session identifier which expires at the end of every session.
- Functional Cookies: Functional Cookies allow the website to help maintain your session and remember the choices you made in order to provide functionality for your benefit. Functional Cookies are used to collect information about your language preferences and other preferences indicated during your visit. For example, functional “session” cookies allow the website to remember settings specific to you (such as, your country selection) which ultimately improves your web experience. Functional Cookies also include persistent cookies which are used to remember your preferences when you subsequently visit. Functional “persistent” cookies expire after 7 days.
- Analytic Cookies: Analytic Cookies are used to gather statistics about the use of the website in order to improve the performance and design of our services. For these purposes, Analytic Cookies collect information about your device type, operating system type, browser type, domain, other system settings, IP address, referring URLs, information on actions taken on the website and the dates and times of your visits, as well as the country and time zone in which your device is located. [These cookies are provided by our third-party analytics tool provider (Google Analytics) and the information obtained through these cookies will be disclosed to, or collected directly by, this third-party service provider. For more information about Google Analytic’s cookie and information practices (including the types of cookies used and their expiration date), please visit the link below:
- Third Party Cookies: We partner with third parties to provide you with connections to certain social networks (such as, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and to provide you with additional features (such as, YouTube and Vimeo). By using the website or engaging with third-party plugins and widgets, such third parties may place “session” or “persistent” cookies, or similar technologies, on your browser. These technologies may provide the third parties information about your visit so that they can present you with advertisements for their products and services which may be of interest to you. This helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. The use of these cookies is subject to the third party’s own cookie policies, linked below:
Yes. By using our website you agree that, unless you have set your device’s browser to reject them, we can place the types of cookies set out in the table below on your device, and use that data in accordance with this policy.
What types of cookies are used and what choices do you have?
Below is a list of the cookies that we would like to use on our website.
Cookies we use
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||2 Years||Google Analytics|
|_gat||1 day||Google Analytics|
|_gid||1 day||Google Analytics|
|itsec-hb-login-GUID#||1 day||W P Security Plugin|
|mc_session_ids[#]||1 day||W P Security Plugin|
Changing your cookie preferences
The “Help” menu in the toolbar of most web browsers will tell you how to change your browser’s cookie settings, including how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. Below is some helpful guidance about how to make these changes.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer and you wish to block our website cookies, you can perform the following actions:
- On your browser tools menu, select ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab and then on the ‘Sites’ button
- Type into the ‘Address of website’ field:
- Click on the ‘Block’ button
- Click on the OK button
Guidance on how to block website cookies on other browsers can be found below:
More detailed information on disabling cookies can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org. However, please note that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including, for example, Strictly Necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.